Please read this Policy carefully. By accessing, submitting information, using or otherwise viewing the Sites, you consent to this Policy and accept the privacy policies and practices described herein.
This Policy may change from time to time and your continued use of the Sites is deemed to be an acceptance of such changes. Any changes in this Policy will be communicated only in this page, so please check back from time to time.
This Policy was last updated on April 4, 2014.
TFM respects the privacy of its users and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this Policy which describes the information collected from you or provided by you on our Sites and our use and disclosure of such. This Policy applies to the online collection of information by TFM at the Sites only. This Policy does not apply to information collected through any other medium, collected offline, or collected by any person or entity other than TFM (such as a third-party website or application). You should consult the third-party website or application to understand its policies and practices regarding your collected information.
Your Information and Our Collection Methods
TFM collects several types of information from and about users of the Sites. Generally, this information falls into two categories: namely, “Personally Identifiable Information” and ” Non-Personally Identifiable Information.”
Personally Identifiable Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “Personally Identifiable Information” means information identifying a particular individual, such as an individual’s name, postal address, e-mail address, and phone number. Personally Identifiable Information does not include Non-Personally Identifiable Information as defined herein. However, if we link such information with Personally Identifiable Information in a manner that identifies a particular individual, then TFM will treat all such information as Personally Identifiable Information.
Unless permitted by law, no Personally Identifiable Information is collected about an individual without first obtaining his or her consent to the collection, use and dissemination of that information. Consent may be written, verbal or implied as necessary to further your needs. Personally Identifiable Information will be collected, to the extent possible, directly from the individual concerned.
The following are certain situations in which TFM may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you based on your consent:
- When you fill out forms or fields on the Sites;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us, the Sites and/or our services, whether via e-mailor other means;
- When you participate in online surveys or any of TFM’s marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- When you provide User Generated Content, as defined below.
Also, TFM may collect Personally Identifiable Information about you from sources other than you, such as forums, instant messaging services, blogs, other users of our products and services and our business partners.
If you use any functionality on this Site allowing you to send content to a friend or other user, please note that:
- TFM may display your e-mail address to your friend or user; and
- TFM may use information you provide about your friend or user to facilitate the communication and as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
Authorized Uses of Your Information
TFM provides both general and restricted access to the Sites. Our web servers track general information about visitors such as their domain name and date of visit. Our web servers also collect and aggregate information regarding which pages are being accessed as well as information volunteered by visitors through online surveys or subscriptions to electronic newsletters. As a user, you agree that TFM may internally use your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to better serve visitors by helping us to:
- Manage the Sites;
- Diagnose any technical problems; and
- Improve the content of the Sites.
If you send TFM an e-mail message with a question or comment that contains Personally Identifiable Information, or if you complete a form that e-mails this information to us, that information may be collected and used by TFM for the purpose of responding to your specific request. The Personally Identifiable Information collected from you may include your name, address, telephone or cell phone number or e-mail address. TFM may also use this Personally Identifiable Information to contact you through various means, including phone calls, text and e-mail messages, and postal mail. If you tell us in writing that you do not wish to have your Personally Identifiable Information used for further contact, we will remove you from our distribution lists.
In the past, TFM may have collected from you various information, including Personally Identifiable Information. TFM agrees to use that historic information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. By using the Sites, you are consenting to TFM’s continued use of such historic information, including any Personally Identifiable Information.
TFM is the owner of all information, including any Personally Identifiable Information, or other data that you supply to us, whether by using the Sites or through other means.
To summarize, TFM is authorized to use your information, including any Personally Identifiable Information, to do any of the following:
- Confirm and complete transactions you request;
- Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you to verify the information you provide to us;
- Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
- Ensure the Sites are of interest to you (including, customization of advertising and content) and help us better understand your use of the Sites;
- Protect the security and integrity of the Sites;
- Conduct internal reviews of the Sites and administer the Sites’ systems;
- Develop, enhance and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties;
- Provide you with promotional materials, offers and personalized information;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide administrative communications to you;
- Achieve other purposes as may be disclosed in this Policy or when you provide Personally Identifiable Information.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
You agree that TFM may disclose Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- To any person who, in TFM’s reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your Personally Identifiable Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To TFM’s third party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, and the Sites’ maintenance and security;
- To third parties when you (a) engage in certain activities on this Site sponsored by them, such as purchasing products or services offered by a third party, electing to receive information or communications from a third party, or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes, games or other programs sponsored in whole or in part by a third party, and/or (b) respond to promotional materials from us and you authorize a third party to use your Personally Identifiable Information to, for example, send you additional promotional materials, provide you a product or service, or enter you into a sweepstakes. When we disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to these third parties, your Personally Identifiable Information will become permanently subject to the third-party’s information use and sharing practices, and the third party will not be restricted by this Policy with respect to its use and further sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information; and
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below.
There are circumstances where the use and/or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information may occur or where TFM is obliged to disclose information without consent of the individual concerned. Such circumstances may include:
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency, or where otherwise required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or any other government tribunal;
- Where TFM believes, upon reasonable grounds, that you are either violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- Where it is necessary to enforce or protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group, including without limitation TFM;
- Where it is necessary to permit TFM to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that it may sustain; or
- Where the information is public.
When obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, TFM will not disclose more information than is required.
TFM may take your Personally Identifiable Information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
TFM will collect from individuals or organizations only such information as is required for the purposes of providing services or information to them. Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, TFM does not sell, trade, barter or exchange for consideration any Personally Identifiable Information it has obtained.
We may redirect your message to one of our partner organizations which may be better qualified to respond to your request. If we redirect your message, we will not store or otherwise use your Personally Identifiable Information unless otherwise necessary.
If you provide us with your mailing or e-mail address to receive additional information from TFM, we will not share that information with any outside parties. It will be retained for the sole use of TFM and its partner organizations or affiliated companies.
Security of Personally Identifiable Information
TFM uses reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information under our control and appropriately limit access to it and to otherwise protect Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, even with such measures, no web or mobile site is 100% secure. The measures that TFM uses include the following:
- The Sites uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via the Sites such as ordering information including your name, address and credit card number.
- TFM reveals only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- TFM restricts authorized access to your Personally Identifiable Information to those persons who either you have authorized to have access to such information or have a legitimate purpose to know that information in order to provide products or services.
If there are any features on the Sites that require the use of a user name and password or other access information, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name, password and/or other access information and for restricting access to your computer. You also agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user name, password and/or other access information.
TFM specifically and expressly reserves the right to disclose, lease, sell, assign or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information collected through the Sites, and any of its other databases, together with any Personally Identifiable Information contained in such data bases, to third parties in connection with a Business Transfer. A “Business Transfer” means a sale, acquisition, merger, consolidation, reorganization, bankruptcy or other corporate change involving TFM and/or any third party, even if the Business Transfer is only being contemplated and regardless of whether the Business Transfer relates to a part or a whole of our business. Nothing in this Policy is intended to interfere with TFM’s ability to transfer all or part of its business, equity, and/or assets (including the Sites) to an affiliate or independent third party at any time, for any purpose, without any limitation, without notice, and without any compensation to you, whatsoever.
User Generated Content
Your Choices Over the Use and Disclosure of Your Information
TFM strives to provide you with choices regarding the information that it collects through the Sites. For example, here are some of the choices that you as a user have over TFM’s collection of your information:
- You may always choose not to provide your information even though it may be needed to take advantage of the Sites’ features. If you decide not to provide us with any required information, including Personally Identifiable Information, you may not be able to receive such products or services or use those features of the Sites.
- You may add or update certain Personally Identifiable Information that you send to us. When you update your Personally Identifiable Information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive phone calls, text or e-mail messages, and/or postal mail from us or if you have any questions about your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us as directed under the Questions section of this Policy.
Your provision of information to TFM means that you agree that we may collect, use and disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with these terms, you should not provide any information to us.
Your Disclosures to Third Parties and Use of Third-Party Sites
As a user of the Sites, you may be presented with opportunities to receive information and/or marketing offers from third parties. All information you disclose to such third parties will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and not this Policy. TFM is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the third parties and/or their adherence or compliance with the same. You should review the privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to disclosing information to them. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive communications from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly.
Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information
TFM endeavors to ensure that any Personally Identifiable Information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. You have the right to request a correction of the Personally Identifiable Information that we hold about you.
Retention and Destruction of Your Personally Identifiable Information
TFM endeavors to keep Personally Identifiable Information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time varies, depending on the product or service and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of a person’s relationship with us but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date. When your Personally Identifiable Information is no longer required for TFM’s purposes, we will employ procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it into Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information of Minors
TFM is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulations establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children (defined as individuals under the age of 13) when using the Internet.
You must be at least 13 years of age to register with or use certain portions of the Sites. The Sites are not intended for individuals under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personally Identifiable Information online from persons under the age of 13, and we instruct all users under the age of 13 to not send us any information for collection on the Sites, including their names, addresses, telephone numbers or e-mail addresses. In the event that we learn that TFM has collected Personally Identifiable Information of a minor, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with COOPPA’s requirements and other applicable law. If you believe TFM might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users Located Outside Pennsylvania
The Sites are operated in the United States and designed for users from the United States. Users located in the European Union, Canada and other countries are advised that any information you provide to TFM will be transferred to the United States. Accordingly, users outside the United States are advised not to disclose any information to TFM unless they consent to having their information transferred to the United States and used as set forth in this Policy rather than under the law of the user’s home country. By using the Sites or providing TFM with your information, you consent to such transfer and use.
Moreover, by using or visiting the Sites, you are transmitting data to a server located in the United States of America, and are subjecting yourself to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, where applicable, the United States. By sending any such data and other information to the Sites, you agree to be bound by not only this Policy but also the laws of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, where applicable, the United States.
If you are a California resident and you have provided TFM with your Personally Identifiable Information, you have the right to request one Notice of Information-Sharing Disclosure per year which will identify the third parties, if any, with whom TFM has shared your Personally Identifiable Information for direct marketing purposes. You may request the Notice Information-Sharing Disclosure of only by writing to the following person via mail, e-mail or facsimile transmission:
David Scherer, Web Developer
Target Freight Management, Inc.
5905 Brownsville Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Your Notice Information-Sharing Disclosure request must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. Absent extraordinary circumstances, our response to your Notice of Information-Sharing Disclosure request will be made within thirty (30) days of receipt. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the addresses specified in this paragraph.
Other Policies, Changes and Severability
If there are changes, revisions or amendments to this Policy, we will post them here or in other formats for you to review. If we change, revise or amend our information practices or this Policy in such a way that your Personally Identifiable Information may be used or shared in a manner not described in the Policy at the time you provided it, we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of having your information used or shared in that new manner.
If any term, clause or provision of this Policy shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable under applicable law or for any other reason, then only that term, clause or provision as is determined to be void, invalid or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Policy or modified to make it no longer void, invalid or unenforceable. Further, such void, invalid or unenforceable term, clause or provision shall not affect the enforceability of the other terms, clauses or provisions of this Policy, and this Policy shall remain in full force and effect in all other respects.
If you have any questions concerning this Policy, please contact the following person via mail, e-mail, facsimile transmission or telephone:
Director of Information Technology & Systems
Target Freight Management, Inc.
5905 Brownsville Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15236