Below is a message from Estes regarding operations affected by the hurricane:
UPDATE 3:19 PM
Laura has been reduced to a tropical storm. The center is around the Louisiana/Arkansas state line. The storm is expected to continue to move in Arkansas through the evening. Even as a tropical storm, it still has high winds, higher gust and heavy rain. Due to this we are changing some operations for tonight as follows:
- Travel ban in Arkansas will still be in effect for tonight
- Travel ban in Louisiana will be lifted however we will not be running freight to our Alexandria terminal
- Terminals that were holding freight for these areas can release the freight with the exception of the Alexandria terminal
If any conditions change tonight we will send out another update.
Hurricane Laura still ravishes the state of LA and lower AR this morning. Winds are down to 100 MPH. Below are this morning’s notes:
- Travel ban still in effect for the states of LA, AR and northeastern TX
- Terminals 085 – Hammond and 057 – Alexandria are closed today
- The Houston area was not impacted much by the storm so they are cleared to run to the north and west
We will send out further updates as needed.