The Following Message is Being Communicated From YRC:
YRCW companies are considered “essential” business – we remain open and able to operate within all states, with the following exceptions, which we continue to monitor and update:
- As of Thursday, March 19, YRC Freight and Reddaway are operating under restricted delivery services in the San Francisco Bay area. While YRC Freight and Reddaway continue to accept time-critical and guaranteed deliveries for the Bay area, we can’t honor the time-critical guarantee parameters until further notice. We are implementing operational strategies as we continue to move freight under very challenging business conditions, with many closures in the Bay area.
- We are asking that our partners limit the freight we get into Northern California to meet these parameters.
- To cover the many additional costs we are incurring to maintain service in this market, we’d prefer shipments be subject to California Compliance Surcharge and High Cost Delivery charges in our T-100. These are being modified today:
- California Compliance Surcharge will raise to $9.95 for YRC and RETL.
- YRC: Adding a $20 increase to the existing High Cost Delivery charges to the three YRC Freight terminals and adding a new $20 HCD charge to all zips not currently covered.
- RETL: Adding a $20 increase to the SF Metro charge and adding a new High Cost Delivery charge of $20 charge to all zips not currently covered.