UPDATE 5/10/21: Per FWDA, this embargo has ended.
Per Forward Air, the below embargo is in place. This has been updated in our TMS. Below is the message we got from Forward Air:
- Due to capacity restraints in our network, Forward will not be accepting any additional shipments/bookings that are outbound Los Angeles or Chicago destined to the Northeast or Southeast.
- API and EDI transmissions will immediately begin to receive error notes back for orders falling within the embargoed lanes.
- I have requested a points files for the specific zip codes affected.
- We will be posting updates on our website at www.forwardair.com as they become available.
- If you currently have shipments booked from those locations, we are committed to servicing those for you and your customers.
- As soon as I have any additional information, I will provide that to you immediately.
This may very well go through Monday or Tuesday of next week. I do not have confirmation of this timeline but I want to try giving you some idea of how long this may go.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your customers, but we have to ensure we maintain a balanced network so we can deliver proper service to all.
Senior Director Logistic Sales