Below is a message from our Estes reps regarding current service and COVID-19 protocols:
Good afternoon all, I wanted to bring you up to date on the State of Estes, and inform you of new procedures we are putting in place for processing new business opportunities.
- Our network continues to be operating at record levels, and we have been able to bring the network into a better on-time position. We are not satisfied with our current service levels, but continue to hire drivers (600+ YTD), dock personnel, upgrade/add terminals and purchase equipment. We continue to average 54,000+ shipments and 65M+ pounds of freight per day. Our expectation is these business levels will continue, or increase as 2021 continues.
- Latest COVID update:
- Although the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently announced a more relaxed stance concerning mask requirements for fully vaccinated people, Estes’ COVID-19 safety protocols remain the same: Masks are mandatory at all times when social distancing is not possible, including during the delivery of freight to customers. All employees are required to follow our safety protocols, even if they’ve been fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19.
- Also, please note that employees must wear a mask at all times on customer property — even if the customer does not have a mask policy — and at Estes locations when they are unable to maintain the proper social distance of 6 feet.
- The health and safety of our employees and our customers is our top priority. Even if you’ve been fully vaccinated, please continue following Estes’ COVID-19 safety protocols, including mask wearing and social distancing. We continue to monitor updates from the CDC, as well as state health department requirements, and will adjust our protocols when it is safe to do so.
- On 5/11/21, we updated our SMC3 CarrierConnect data on 3400+ locations, and in the near future, many if not all of these locations will be added to our Item 289 Beyond points listing. These will not be interline points, and they will continue to be a single pro and single invoice if one of these locations is routed with us.