Q3-2019 UPS Inc. Earnings Call
- Revenue for 2nd Quarter rose 5% to $18.3 billion.
- Total Operating Profit grew 23% with growth in all segments.
- Net Income was $1.75 Billion.
- Operating Margin increased 170 basis points to 8.17%.
- U.S Daily Volume was up more than 9%.
US Domestic Segment
- Next Day Air volume up more than 23%
- Deferred Air volume grew more than 17%
- Ground volume grew nearly 7%
- Revenue grew more than $1 billion, a nearly 10% increase.
- Total US Operating Profit grew 28.1%
- Total US Operating Margin was 10.6%
- Decline in unit cost growth of 2.5%
- International domestic revenue per piece rose 2.3% when adjusted for currency.
- Total Operating Profit increased more than 24% to $693 million.
- Total Revenue was $3.5 Billion
- Export volume was flat.
Supply Chain & Freight Segment
- Operating Margin grew to 7.3%
- Logistics revenue increased more than 7% from growth in healthcare, retail and manufacturing sectors.
- Nearly 4% increase in revenue per LTL hundredweight